Dialouge:Speaking From Beyond The Grave by Sharda Smith

 Sharda walks over to the beach.  To her shock, Cookie comes running up to her.


SHARDA:  OMG, my dearest pet, how are you!


COOKIE:  Well, I’m dead, but happy in heaven.


SHARDA (Leaning down to scratch behind her ears): I've missed you so much, I still look at your pictures.


COOK: I know Sharda! I miss you so much too, I sit on the end of your bed like old times. I just hate that you can't see me.


SHARDA: That's you? I always felt like someone was there, a comforting spirit. Thank you for being there cookie baby.


COOK: I decided to show up here at the beach today to see you. Do you remember our times here together? My last days you made so peaceful.


SHARDA: Yes, I remember the sounds of the waves hitting the rocks always smoothed my soul, making me forget and having you by my side also made me grateful. I thank you for that Cookie, you always made me feel better. I'm glad I could do the same for you.


COOK: You’re welcome Sharda, I love you. Bye 


SHARDA: Wait, one more thing. 


COOK: Yes.


SHARDA: Why did you leave? I was so sad when you left that my heart was cracked and the only tunes that could stitch it back together was Nina Simone’s vocals.


COOK: Well, I was sick, I got sick very quickly. I was old but I maintained my youthful spirit.


SHARDA: Yes, me and mother tried to nurse you to make you healthy, it didn't work baby.


COOK: I know, while my eyes were shut closed, my body drying up from lack of hydration, your rubs and affirmation to me filled me up with all the rivers of water I needed. 


SHARDA: You left 3 days before my birthday, laying in bed after a night's sleep, I hear mother scream calling out your name. 


COOK: Tell me more. 


SHARDA: Mommy said you were gone, I was in disbelief, shaking off the chills to return to sleep. I told myself no she is too strong to leave us now, her breathing just must be slow.


COOK: Keep going.


SHARDA: I woke up an hour later to rub your ears and back, the house was so quiet. I walk into my mother's bedroom and see you lying peacefully.


COOK (looks down to avoid Sharda seeing her cry): 


SHARDA: I touched your body. It was so cold and firm. Tears began to flow down my face, my heart dropped into my stomach, I wiped them quickly coming to terms with what I was seeing. 


COOK: Sharda, I was watching over you when you saw my body, I love you so much, when you laid the white sheet and white yarrows over me. The white for pureness and peace, setting my soul free. 


SHARDA: Yes, the flowers and sheet was a natural instinct, a way of saying goodbye from me to you. 


COOK: Once again I thank you for all you've done for me, the walk, the talks, and even the late night cuddles. Days without seemed very long until you returned. I was very lucky to meet your soul.


SHARDA: I guess that's the things we do for the ones we love and dearly care for, I hope to see you soon.


COOK: Yes, I'll be back. Either at a different place, form, or space. 


SHARDA (kisses Cookie on her forehead): Okay my love until next time.


COOK: Until next time, p.s I'll be at the end of your bed in spirit resting with you after a long day.