My Lifeline by Isaiah Evens

 


I love my PS4 and the people who I’ve connected to through it.

It brings me constant happiness playing the games I've downloaded. 


I joined the party with my boys and we were guaranteed 

to have a good night even if we lost every game.


It's not even about if we win or lose 

it's all about the good vibes and good times we get to share.


We have been playing COD together since the 2020 pandemic.

It all started when I bought a PS4 and posted it on my story

then my boy Jae told me all the free games to get

because I only had a Spiderman game.


We added each other and it was great, we started playing every day.


During quarantine it was hard because my whole family got covid 

and I still had to stay in the same house.

So I would be in my room every day trying to stay positive. 

The only thing I could do was play the game with the boys.


Then my Dad had to get put into a medically induced coma 

so he could stay alive 

That took a huge toll on my mental health.


Because my Dad is my hero and I can't live without him, 

I couldn't get the thought of my Dad dying out of my head, 


but I could depend on my PS4 friends to be there for me to talk to

It was such a relief to be able to talk to people

about the things that I just wanted to get off my chest.


If I never bought my PS4 I wouldn't even have the opportunity 

to meet these people or talk to them


Last year I was chilling on the game playing with the boys on COD

and I plugged in a bad phone charger 

it short circuited my entire Playstation and the powerstrip

It was terrible. I couldn't recover from this for like 4 months


I couldn't find the right PS4 I wanted. 

I was mad and sad, I had nothing to do in the crib, 

so I started going to the gym just to have something to do


Until the glorious day I was walking home from the gym 

and I walked past a pawn store.


I looked in and I saw exactly what I needed, 

a PS4 slim 1tb I Wanted it and I Needed it 

I went into the shop and I started negotiating for the last PS4 they had

I bought it and I ran home because they didn't give me a box or a bag.

After I got home and set everything up.


I was happy and everything was back to normal